- What can bring on premature weaning in a child? Analytical Armadillo investigates the topic.
ParentingIf you've joined the surfing fun over at your blog, leave a comment below, and I will add a link to it in the next edition of Sunday Surf. Feel free to add the Sunday Surf button to your blog, you can find it on the right side of this page or under the Sunday Surf tab. Newest Surfers will be added to the following Surf, older Surfers are listed on the Sunday Surf page. If you're Surfing and you have a button for me, email it to mamapoekie at yahoo dot com.
- "Thriving, Not Just Surviving Childhood", a very true post by The Organic Sister.
- Why do children battle bedtime? The answer on Psychology Today: "In all other cultures, infants and young children sleep in the same room and usually in the same bed with one or more adult caregivers, and bedtime protest is non-existent. What infants and young children protest, apparently, is not going to bed per se, but going to bed alone, in the dark, at night."
Pregnancy and Birth
- New recommendations on the approach to Shoulder Dystocia, on Birth Sense
- Another article advocating delayed cord clamping
Arts and Crafts
- Make fall leaves with broken crayons! Cool little project! on McCrenshaw.
- Making sparkly monsters out of PlayDoh, an activity my daughter will certainly appreciate.
- With the cold times coming to the northern hemisphere, I thought it was a good idea to share this lovely chicken stock recipe with you.
Visit the newest Sunday Surfers: Liberated Family, My Semi-Crunchy Life, Anktangle, Tmuffin and Love Notes Mama. If you want to find out who else is surfing, go to the Sunday Surf page.