- How Will You Teach XYZ? Another one of those dreaded questions an alternative schooler gets every once in a while. A reply on Magic and Mayhem (and check out the magnificent photography by 13 year old Victoria!).
- Find other unschooling blogs and websites on this list by An Unschooling Life
- Psychology Today tells us exactly why pushing babies and toddlers to read with 'educational' DVD's is a bad idea.
- Wendy Priesnitz writes about the 'First Day of School'-Myth
Pregnancy and BirthIf you've joined the surfing fun over at your blog, leave a comment below, and I will add a link to it in the next edition of Sunday Surf. Feel free to add the Sunday Surf button to your blog, you can find it on the right side of this page or under the Sunday Surf tab. Newest Surfers will be added to the following Surf, older Surfers are listed on the Sunday Surf page. If you're Surfing and you have a button for me, email it to mamapoekie at yahoo dot com.
Visit the newest Sunday Surfers: Anktangle, Tmuffin, Love Notes Mama, Becoming Crunchy and Adventures of a Thrifty Mama. If you want to find out who else is surfing, go to the Sunday Surf page.
- A natural parent's birth registry is quite different from the ones you'll find online or in baby magazines, but what exactly do you need? Code Name Mama guides us through the essentials and gives us original registry suggestions.
- Some more information about the Pelvic Floor and the negative effects of Kegels.
- An elaborate explanation about the issue 'failure to progress' on Bellies and Babies
- New study finds an explosive rise in sexualized images, specifically those of women.
- "Independence is a myth that justifies defending ourselves against actually connecting with others and from facing more hurt inflicted by those who say they love us." The human being is first and foremost a social being, great article about the Myth of Independence by Consciously Parenting.