- Making your baby smart is one of the most important preoccupations parents have these days. "Can I Make My Baby Smarter" on BabyGooroo unravels truth and myth about baby's intelligence. "Baby University? Better Ways to Raise Smart, Creative Children" gives you simple, everyday activities to stimulate your child's intelligence.
- Couple raises their two boys to be gender neutral and chose for their newborn to remain genderless until (s)he decides to disclose gender for him/herself
- "How Not To Lose Your Temper", an article on Aha! Parenting I could learn from.
- Study discovers that verbal abuse deeply scars the child's psyche, on Psychiatric News
- What we can do instead of spanking, or losing it, on Kelly Naturally.
- A Primer on non-punitive parenting by Kelly Hogaboom.
- A reaction to the idea of raising an obedient child, on "The Adventure Continues"
- 10 Tips for New Unschooling Parents is a very good place to start (or a great reminder if you're a little off) on The Natural Child Project.
Visit the newest Sunday Surfers: Love Notes Mama, Karen's Healthy Lifestyle, Becoming Crunchy, Adventures of a Thrifty Mama and Touchstonez. If you want to find out who else is surfing, go to the Sunday Surf page.If you've joined the surfing fun over at your blog, leave a comment below, and I will add a link to it in the next edition of Sunday Surf. Feel free to add the Sunday Surf button to your blog, you can find it on the right side of this page or under the Sunday Surf tab. Newest Surfers will be added to the following Surf, older Surfers are listed on the Sunday Surf page. If you're Surfing and you have a button for me, email it to mamapoekie at yahoo dot com.