- The facts about breastfeeding past infancy on KellyMom. Something to print out and keep handy.
- Jen on The Path Less Taken writes about pride, perspective and our society's measures for success: "I'm not nearly as interested in hearing about your pride for your kids in terms of their labels - your son the scholar, your daughter the athlete - as I am in hearing about your child the PERSON."
- An extensive study of the past century's children's books reveals a disparity between male and female characters, favoring males.
- Find yourself telling your child to 'use their words', be mindful of handing them the right words too, a brief article by Pam Dyson.
- What's so great about being a parent? In the light of recent studies that shed a negative light on parenting, Bonnie Rochman on Healthland disses up some positive research and shares the good times.
- Some shocking statistics on the Maternal Health Care Crisis in the US
- An article that I have long been looking for to share here: The Efe Pygme model for childcare and life in general, as lived by Belgian Jean-Pierre Hallet. A must read!
- Ina May Gaskin writes about the different ways in which the Homebirth Movement has influenced birth for all women in the US.
- Midwife Erin Ellis writes about why hospital birth and homebirth outcomes cannot be compared.
Visit the newest Sunday Surfers: Karen's Healthy Lifestyle, Becoming Crunchy, Adventures of a Thrifty Mama, Touchstonez, The New Mommy Files. If you want to find out who else is surfing, go to the Sunday Surf page.If you've joined the surfing fun over at your blog, leave a comment below, and I will add a link to it in the next edition of Sunday Surf. Feel free to add the Sunday Surf button to your blog, you can find it on the right side of this page or under the Sunday Surf tab. Newest Surfers will be added to the following Surf, older Surfers are listed on the Sunday Surf page. If you're Surfing and you have a button for me, email it to mamapoekie at yahoo dot com.