When you're breastfeeding beyond a certain age mark (which is variable depending on the person you're talking to), you're bound to end up with some brow-frowning questions and remarks, ranging from silly, to stupid, to radically deranged. I gathered them here, so we all could have a laugh at them, and then sigh at the backwardness of society.
|Image: Alexander Tundakov on Flickr|
- You are forcing that child to nurse
- You are only doing it for your own pleasure
- People who nurse beyond "insert completely trivial age limit here" are perverts
- Should you still be doing that?
- Are you doing that to maintain the size of your breasts?
- When are you going to give that child real food/solids?
- When will you be weaning?
- She'll never stop if you don't wean her
- She'll still be nursing when she's seven
- How is he going to eat cereal?
- When will you be giving him real milk?
- Are you still breastfeeding that child? (while you are breastfeeding)
- Your milk doesn't contain any nutrients beyond "insert completely trivial age limit here"
- That will make him confused about his sexuality
- Once they can ask for it, they're too big for it
- That's really abnormal
- That's sick
- If you continue breastfeeding, it's going to become pathological
Thanks to everyone on Twitter and on Facebook for helping me put together this list.