- A hilarious parody on the warnings about milk sharing on 'One Of Those Women'
- The good enough parents urges us to trust our children in a very moving article.
- A magnificent and beautifully done film on standardized education, given by Sir Ken Robinson
- Sometimes you read something you know, but hadn't pieced together, and it seems as if you suddenly get a total view of something that before you saw only fragments of, Peter Haiman's article 'What Every Parent Needs To Know' did exactly that for me. "In recent decades, research in child rearing has made it clear that the normal, developmentally appropriate needs that all young children and adolescents have should be met. It is the responsibility of parents to make sure a childís needs are met appropriately and consistently. Those needs can be volcanic in intensity when they are felt by a child or adolescent. And when a youthís needs are repeatedly frustrated, the results can be explosive."
- AmyAbles writes about the idea of calling any breastfeeding extended, in a smart and fact laced article.
- Since we're really getting close to christmas now, here are some non-commercial gift ideas.
- Lisa Belkin questions the idea of inappropriate breastfeeding in the New York Times Parenting section.
- Momotics talks about the recent stir over Mamamor pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding dolls.
If you've joined the surfing fun over at your blog, leave a comment below, and I will add a link to it in the next edition of Sunday Surf. Feel free to add the Sunday Surf button to your blog, you can find it on the right side of this page or under the Sunday Surf tab.