- "Breastfeed a Toddler - Why on Earth?" breaks some of the myths about breastfeeding past infancy: "Breastfeeding is a life-affirming act of love that repeats itself every time the child goes to the breast. This continues when the baby becomes a toddler."
- Christie Haskell deconstructs the cultural preoccupation of having babies sleep through the night. Read it, save it and jam it under every prolonged sleep-pushing idiot's nose.
- Cribs twice as risky as cosleeping, Mothering retraces the stats.
- Scott Burns sees unschooling as a way out of an archaic schooling system: "if we're going to make progress in the educational arena, we need to be willing to throw aside outmoded practices and adapt to new models of education that place an emphasis on student autonomy."
- "Circumcision: The Most Twisted Logic In the World" on Peaceful Parenting gives a couple scenarios that are just as irrational as circumcision.
- Our stress affects our children, on About.com
- A couple of great tips to keep the love flowing in your marriage while parenting, on Aha! Parenting
- What stays on Facebook and what gets deleted... a very schizophrenic policy they handle indeed.
If you've joined the surfing fun over at your blog, leave a comment below, and I will add a link to it in the next edition of Sunday Surf. Feel free to add the Sunday Surf button to your blog, you can find it on the right side of this page or under the Sunday Surf tab.