- The Organic Sister writes a very comprehensive post about unjobbing: "our sense of worthiness is so strongly tied to our salary it’s a wonder Big Pharma hasn’t created a disorder for it and patented a drug already." More about unjobbing by Wendy Priesnitz.
- When it comes to introducing solids, watch the baby, not the calendar seems about the soundest advice I have heard so far.
- An article on ParentCentral focuses on the reality of Birth Trauma
- The implications of spanking: "The only "lessons" we teach children when we hit them are to hit, fear, and distrust those who hit them.", by Pam Leo.
- The Leaky Boob tells us to try and avoid the lure of artificially induced nightrest: "If your baby is waking often at night to feed it is because he/she needs to, needs the comfort, needs the nutrition, needs you and needs to wake up."
- A magnificent poem about enjoying reality and shunning striving, expectations and urging at The Essential Parenting Blog.
If you've joined the surfing fun over at your blog, leave a comment below, and I will add a link to it in the next edition of Sunday Surf. Feel free to add the Sunday Surf button to your blog, you can find it on the right side of this page or under the Sunday Surf tab.