- The Good Enough Parent writes about birth and the emergence of the Mother: "I am different, and birth itself is a life-changing experience. I will always have another person's welfare to value above my own, but the embodiment of unselfishness and maternal feeling I am not."
- A reflection on the development and effects of institutionalized education: "where education goes, culture suffers."
- An amazing birth story of a homebirth turned UC on Mama Birth
- "Learning through play": what skills do our children build by playing, on Code Name: Mama.
- A great article by Daniel Quinn on the Natural Child Project about the effectiveness of schools in a consumer society: "Wow, just imagine missing school on the day when they were learning blue. You'd spend the rest of your life wondering what color the sky is."
- Scott Noelle on our missing tribe
- An article in the Washington Post questions the investment value of higher education
If you've joined the surfing fun over at your blog, leave a comment below, and I will add a link to it in the next edition of Sunday Surf. Feel free to add the Sunday Surf button to your blog, you can find it on the right side of this page or under the Sunday Surf tab.