A great place to change your habits into more environmentally sound ones is the bathrooms, here are some easy tips I have gathered to make your environmental impact go down.
- Buy/make cotton make-up remover discs
- Use less product, most people use way too much anyway and a little less works just as good.
- Prefer showers over baths or
- Take baths together, less water to accomodate more people.
- Use natural, organic products or
- Make your own
- Buy organic cotton towels
- Mind the packaging you allow in your bathroom, spray deodorants for example, have more packaging then they have product.
- Prefer family editions of products: they are less expensive and have less packaging.
- Use soap bars instead of liquid soap to wash your hands: they are less expensive and you use way less product when using soap bars then you would with a liquid soap pump.
You can find some more ecological tips to do around the house, and feel free to add some in the comments below.
Image: Jason O'Halloran on Flickr